Thursday, September 17, 2009

Attack Of The Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy!

I have been on Eat For Health now exclusively, 100% now for over two months and this report will include my recent experience of a heart attack, yes that is what I said, “Heart attack!” It was a very painful scary ordeal that earned my four days in the hospital and a heart cath to boot. I learned through all this that my heart arteries were very clear and that was good to know after a year and a half on a vegan low fat diet but apparently I experienced a condition called Takotsbo’s cardiomyopathy that caused the heart attack but I also have something called Cardio Microvalve Disease. It is when the micro vessels in the heart constrict in theory because of something going on at the molecular level, but I guess they really don’t know what. I do believe after the experience of the nitroglycerin relieving my so called fibromyalgia pain, that they are connected. The cardiologist says he has never heard of that but that it could be possible. Right now I am home trying to take life a lot easier and get some of the stress managed a little bit in my life. I am very glad that I was eating the way I have been for awhile because, who knows, it could have been much worse. I believe that my body needs to work right now at its optimum level now more than ever. I am a little discouraged about taking 7 different medications now and not being able to fight this with just a lifestyle change. I am happy to have beat diabetes, high blood pressure and am working on obesity but I don’t know how to fight this one. If the Lord does not heal me I am afraid I am stuck.
My hospital eating experience was not bad though. I was at an Adventist hospital which means they at least know how to cook a vegetable. They were quite astounded though when I told them the amount of greens I wanted and salad and absolutely no salt, etc. I did end up eating a few pieces of bread while I was there but that was ok. I had a tomato based soup that had very little salt but they kept sending me a tiny little kid-size fruit smoothies! I lick that amount off the spoon at home. Also it was impossible to get them to give me more than a half cup of cooked greens . All in all they tried very hard to accommodate my needs and what they did do, they did very well. The platters even came with these beautiful, edible, orchid looking flowers. I just pulled them off and put them on the bed table so I could look at them all day.
As far as my EFH journey is going, all I can say is it is going fantastic. My greens are my favorite food followed by the huge 3 fruit ice cream I make myself at times. If people would only know how satisfying this is and how it makes you feel! I have other family members now taking this stuff much more seriously and I really hope they will enjoy the food and the feeling as much as I do. I am still dropping weight but I don’t like to weight a lot because my weight fluctuates like crazy so I just keep faith in what I am doing because I know it will come off and move right along forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment but rude or mean comments will be deleated by author.